Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tutorial Simple Edging


So I got some requests for a tutorial on the edging of my Flower Square Blanket. Here it is. It's really very simple. You might not even need the pictures. 


So, before you start, it's important you have an even amount of granny clusters (is this understandable??). I would start just prior to the corner, just to make sure you get to work your stitches in there. 
When I make a granny square project, I always do a round of half double crochet grannies, rather than a round of double crochet grannies.



Start in one of the spaces between a granny cluster. Chain 2, *Double crochet into the next space, ch 3, slip stitch into the dc (see pic, this is a picot stitch), 1 dc in same space, ch 3, sl st into dc, 1 dc (still into the same space), ch 3, sl st into dc, dc (same space), ch 1, single crochet into the next space. Chain 1*, (repeat *...*all around the blanket). 




I hope it's clear, but I drew a little chart on the pattern. It might be easier than reading the explanation. For the corners I like to add some more double crochets and picots. I did 2 extra as you van see in the chart. ( Made a teeny tiny mistake, I drew half double crochets, although you have to make double crochets, sorry...)


I hope this is clear. If you still have a problem, please email me. 

As you can see the Pastel Granny Blanket is finished too. Show you the results soon...

Have a lovely weekend.



6 comments:

  1. Quanta coisa linda!
    Parabéns pelo seu blog
    beijoca Nilda
    http://meucantin5.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blanket is on my to do list. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello what kind of yarn do u use for this blanket is it cotton?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeap, I agree with Nilda... 'Tanta cosa linda', that is: so many beautiful things... Love them all. I'm afraid won't have time in the rest of my life -hope it will be long ;) but...- to make all the pretty, lovely, cute, things you share and sell: Congrats for that and thank you so much for sharing some of your talent! xoxoxo...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10