Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tutorial Color Bomb Flower Square

This is going to be my first tutorial, so feel free to comment when you miss something or have tips.


I particularly like this patterns because of all the colors. I used 8 different colors for this pillow and they are all very very bright and vibrant. I also used a lot of white for the contrast in colors. It feels like summer to me.





Chain 4, join with a slip stitch.
Round 1 (pic's 1,2): Chain 2 (most people would chain 3, I always chain 2=double crochet, if you like to chain 3 then use this method all through the pattern), work 15 dc into the ring (16 in total), join with sl st in the 2nd chain from the first chain 2 (or 3rd in the chain 3 if you chose to use 3).

Round 2 (Pic's 3,4): Change color. You'll need to work into the back loops of the double crochets. Chain 2, 1 dc into the next 2 stitches, ch 2, 1 dc in same stitch, 1 dc into next 4 stitches, ch 2, 1 dc into same stitch, 1 dc into the next 4 stitches, ch 2,1 dc into same stitch, 1 dc into next 4 stitches, ch 2,  1 dc in same stitch, 1 dc into next 2 stitches, join with sl st.


Round 3 (pic's 5-7): Same color, ch 2, 1 dc into the next 3 stitches, 1dc+ch 2+1dc into the chain 2 space of round 2, 1 dc into the next 6 stitches, 1dc+ch 2+1dc into the chain 2 space of round 2, 1 dc into the next 6 stitches, 1dc+ch 2+1dc into the chain 2 space of round 2, 1 dc into the next 6 stitches, 1dc+ch 2+1dc into the chain 2 space of round 2, 1 dc into the next 2 stitches. Join with a sl st.
(If you want to make the square bigger, expand in the same way as round 3.)

For the flower (Pic. 8), work into the front loop of the centre circle.
Join a new color *chain 1, 3 dc into next loop, ch1, sl st into next loop, repeat* 7 times.
(I changed the pattern a little. The original flower was with 4 dc instead of 3, but I think the petals curl too much. This looks better, I think).




To join these squares I used a simple single crochet stitch. You can also sew them together for a flatter result.



Hope you can use it. Please tell me if it's clear or not.

Follow on Bloglovin


29 comments:

  1. A beautiful cushion with gorgeous colours. I love the flowers.
    Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial with us.
    luv
    iarene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh super zeg!
    Heel erg mooi, dank je voor het delen.
    groetjes Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done, looks clear, I haven't tried this one yet, thanks Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Tutorial, it's very well written with clear instructions and pictures. Oh, and on the beauty side: I also like adding white to most items I make :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid!!!
    Thank you so much for your first tutorial!!! ;oD
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the colors! You are right - they look like summer! I'm going to give this a go soon - what a lovely 'weekend' project! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. geweldig met deze duidelijke foto's, dankjewel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog via The Dutch Sisters and I just love your crochet work, it is beautiful. Keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everybody! I'm glad it's clear and you guys like it. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tutorial......thanks for sharing it!
    Your cushion is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OLA JENN,ACABEI DE CONHECER SEU BLOG,LINDOS CROCHÊ.PARABÉNS PELA CRIATIVIDADE.BOM SABADO.VALÉRIA.(BRASIL).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello :D Just found my way here via Alessandra, pleased to meet you. My plan for the Christmas holiday is to finally learn to crochet and I've been looking for lovely projects to inspire me. This is gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Annie, Youtube is a great help to learn to crochet. That's how I did it 3 years ago. Good luck! And thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  13. What a gorgeous tutorial and pattern. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful cushion and lovely colors! Thanks for the tutorial ! The pictures are amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great!!! Looks so colorful and fresh! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What size crochet needle did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors you use for your crochet! So cheerful! Thank you so much for sharing the tutorial(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All hour works are lovely, thanks for such color magic vew! real beatiful colors !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know I already commented, but am passing through as I follow my fav blogs and, I have to say again, your colors are so beautiful! It's something I identify you by. I see it and think, "Oh, that's Jenn's work from Color N Cream"! I LOVE sharing your blog with my daughters! Peach, pink and Cream were my colors and my married daughters' colors for the flowers at our weddings. My 26 year old daughter is going to use orange and pink, or peach and pink. I adore your very identifiable signature colors! Beautiful blog! 💮:-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Maschelle. That might just be the nicest compliment I've had so far. I'm glad to inspire you and your daughters and it's nice to hear you can identify my work. It feels very rewarding to hear that! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you soooo much for this tutorial.I love your your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love it the vibrant colors are fantástico forma summer as you say. Ver y well done tutto. Thanks forma sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you! That is just too cute! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh, I think this is what I want to try first. Questions: what size hook and what weight/fiber of yarn did you use here? It looks fantastic! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use 3,5 mm. And you can read all about the yarn I use if you click the label YARN in the sidebar (far down). Have fun!!

      Delete
  25. Hi Jenn,
    Im a beginner and i would like to crochet this pattern. Just one question i would have: how to crochet the white frame (pic 10)?
    Helga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You start with 2sc anywhere but the corners. Than 1dc in each stitch and 1dc, ch2, 1dc in each corner and join with a ss. I hope this is of help. Have fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10