Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolutions

First of all I wish you all a very happy and colorful New Year!! I hope you had fun during the holidays and maybe was spoiled a little?? I was.


As you already know I made a lot of coasters for presents. I think everybody was happy with them. It's always kind of scary to give someone something homemade, but they were well received. Funny enough, both my sisters had homemade presents too. They were the edible kind... Yummy! The picture above shows another set of coasters I made and although these aren't my usual colors, I still like them very much. If you like my coasters, they will be for sale at the end of the month in my Etsy shop in various color schemes.


Even though you haven't heard from me for three weeks, I didn't sit still. I finished my Scraps Color Bomb Project and, again, gave it away. My friend Mirjam told me, when I was working on it at one of our crochet nights, that it made her instantly happy. So I couldn't think of a better recipient than her. She looked at it, totally in love, all new years eve... Do you like the fabric I chose for the back??


But, I also wanted to tell you about my resolutions. Or at least one of them. I normally don't really care about resolutions, 'cause they mostly don't really mean anything, but in december I started cleaning out my house and I was startled by my own greed. I have so much stuff I don't use, some of it still brand new in it's packing! I decided this year is going to be about GIVING. So that's my resolution. I already started by giving presents at christmas, which I normally don't. But it's also going to reflect in my actions. I want to look around me and see what I have to offer to those in need. And of course, it's also going to show here... There's going to be a give away each month.


Now this cushion is finished, I can make you guys the tutorial! That's also gonna be published this month. My gift to you.


Having a little time apart from my blog inspired me to do something else too. I'm making a mobile of paper circles and I love it! It's always nice to diversify a little...

Have a cozy thursday! See you next week!

Follow on Bloglovin

32 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn, your ideas for the coming year are wonderful. I like your thinking, and it's always nice to be generous with your time and crafty talents. Your friend is so fortunate to be the recipient of that gorgeous cushion, and I love the colours you've chosen for the coasters. Can't wait to see the mobile. Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharron, for your nice respond. Happy new year to you and I hope to keep on 'seeing' you this year!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous coasters! I love their fresh colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what crochet project I see of yours, it always looks so crisp and fresh. Your work is beautiful.
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a big compliment, Sally, thank you! I like your 'alias'. I once made a painting called Color Me Crazy. Actually it was the first name I made up for my blog, but then I decided on this name. Colour me Crochet sounds great!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenn

    Wish you a Fabulous 2014... good health, cheer, wamrth and love.

    The coasters, the cushion are all very eye catching and beautiful. Love your work. And yes.. The happiness is doubled when you GIVE. One must consider oneself lucky that one is able to GIVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I am very lucky! Thanks for the compliments.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for still sharing the patterns. I like the coasters, nice colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Hilde! I'm glad you can use them!

      Delete
  6. Hi Jenn
    Happy crafty colorful and healthy new year to you and your beloved ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what beautiful coasters!! I've just started following your blog as I fell in love with the "feel" of it from the first time I happened upon it. Funny isn't it how we, as people who love to create, second guess ourselves when we come to giving something "homemade". Yet I can't think of anything more beautiful and sincere! I love your blog, and your resolution for 2014. Happy new year and I can't wait to see more of your wonderful creations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Cascrafter. And you are right!. Especially these days it's quite wonderful if someone is willing to make some time to create something just for you. I always try to keep the person in mind when choosing the colors and while making it. The intention might mean even more then the final result. Like always, I guess.

      Delete
  8. Hello Jenn!, Happy begging of year!

    Those coasters are lovely!, those are more my kind of colors I always choose!,
    Have a great 2014!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you Cindy! Hope to be 'seeing' you here this year and wish you lots of crafty/ crochet times!

      Delete
  9. So beautiful works! Especially the coasters ♥
    ~~~ Happy New Year !!! ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!
    Merci pour vos bonnes idées et surtout vos belles réalisations!
    J'adore, j'adore:)
    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I love French... Merci beaucoup! Et bonne année pour toi.

      Delete
  11. HayHay!
    Happy 2014!!!
    Wat heb je weer prachtige creaties gemaakt!
    Heel mooi!
    Ik word er altijd zo vrolijk van! Mijn Engels is niet zo best, vandaar een berichtje in het Nederlands ;-)
    Hopelijk kunnen we dit jaar weer vaak genieten van al het mooie op je blog!
    Liefs Danielle
    ahappymess.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gelukkig nieuw jaar, Danielle. Geeft niks hoor, om het in het Nederlands te doen. Ik vind dat ook het makkelijkst om me in uit te drukken. Bedankt voor je complimenten!

      Delete
  12. Heel mooi het kussen en het gekozen stofje! Ik vind de kleuren zo geweldig! Je coasters zijn ook leuk! Groetjes Talitha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoi Jenn! Ben nog steeds verliefd op m'n nieuwe kussen! Hij vrolijkt de hele bank op! Het inspireert me ook om door te gaan met haken! Om ook ooit zo iets moois te kunnen maken😃dus nogmaals super bedankt! X Mirjam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lief! Ik ben zo blij dat ik hem aan jou heb gegeven. Het doet me goed te horen dat het je inspireert om door te gaan. De tutorial komt vandaag of mogen online! (Maar ik kan je altijd nog helpen natuurlijk!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello from Portugal,
    Everything is beatifull around here. I am very pleased do find you blog, it's really beautifull!!!!
    I will certainly be around here often!
    Kind regars
    Carla Pereira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla. Thanx for visiting and for your nice compliments. You're very welcome here!

      Delete
  16. What a beautiful coasters, i really love them , the patten and the colors !
    Did you find the pattern in a book, internet or is it your own pattern ?
    Love the colours you use in all your projects !

    Greetings,

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my own pattern. I think this pattern will be for sale soon in my Etsy shop. I still have to figure some things out...

      Delete
  17. Hi Jenn,
    I am late in responding to this post because I'm new to your blog (as you know). I LOVE both of your projects. The coasters are wonderful and what a thoughtful gift idea. Your pillow is precious and the material you selected for the backing is perfect. I especially like the addition of the buttons. So Sweet!
    Your New Year resolution is so thoughtful and I'm going to copy you. I try to donate at least two baby blankets a year but am going to add in a few other projects for friends and family this year. I like the idea of gifting when someone least expects to receive a gift in the mail (so nice to receive something other than a bill these days)!
    You are truly an inspiration to me. Your kindness is reflected already by graciously providing free patterns and wonderful tutorials. I truly appreciate you very much. You gift everyone who enjoys your blog.
    May the New Year bring you Peace, Happiness and Good Health.
    Hugs - Bobbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you know there is a person on Facebook using your pictures selling the items as hers? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Julides-handmade-creations/470799122985150?fref=photo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10