Monday, October 14, 2013

Something Old


Came across this piece last week while organizing my stuff. I thought it would be a waste not finishing it, so I dug into my basket of scraps and found the right colors (such luck!!). I had to make 9 more squares, 'cause it was a bit to small to my taste, and it took me an afternoon, but it's finished. Well, the front I mean. I still need to make an actual cover.


As you can tell I like the circle-in-square motif, and I'm thinking of making a few tutorials on different patterns I've made. Would some of you be interested in that?


Actually, I already made the pictures for this pattern, but the they weren't good enough, so I have to make new pic's. It's funny how the choice of colors change though time. I made this just over a year ago, but I would use much different colors now. Even tough, I still like this combination.


How do you like the fabric I chose for the back? I love it. It's so sweet. I've had it for years. It's always nice to finally find a purpose old pieces of fabric.


And one of my first scalloped edgings. It's sweet, but a bit boring too...

13 comments:

  1. You have a marvelous eye for color mixtures and your work is perfect :)
    I truly enjoyed my visit,
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Connie for the compliment!!

      Delete
  2. C'est trop beau ! Do you join squares with double crochet ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and no, I've sewn these squares together. Sometimes I do use single crochet to join, but than I work on the front of the project. Like here: http://colorncream.blogspot.nl/2013/09/vintage-pillow.html.

      Delete
  3. Leuk juist je kleurtjes ! Lekker fris ! Mijn deken is af, hoera, ga zo een blogpost proberen te maken. Heb een nieuwe computer, even wennen weer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very bright and beautiful colours!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenn. Love those colors together! I would love a pattern on your circle in square! yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ziet er mooi en smaakvol uit!!
    Ik heb zelf nog een stapel granny's liggen (veelkleurig, zie mijn blog) waar ik nog geen raad mee weet.
    Voorlopig heb ik ze weer onderin mijn mand met "onder-handen-werken" gestopt....
    Maar jouw werk ziet er keurig uit!!
    Groet,
    Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely piece--did you use mercerized cotton for it? I am new to crocheting and am looking for firmer threads to work with; I've been using yarn and it just feel too squishy-if you know what I mean...thanks for the look into your piece...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did use mercerized cotton. It's nice and firm. You could try to use a smaller hook also, if it's to loose. Just experiment. But mercerized cotton is my favorite yarn! Enjoy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... 01 09 10